Friday, May 13, 2005

Rain

Well, it's Friday morning and the rain is calling me back to my nice, warm bed. But alas, I'm already at school so it's too late to stay home.

My classes are all wrapping up with final assignments. In Bio, we've got to do the children's book I posted about earlier. In Psycho, we were going to just relax and watch movies, but the substitute says that we need to be working so there's going to be some movie assignment. In English, we're doing research for an investigative researh paper on some aspect of Muskegon county that we're writing in class on exam day. In Spanish, we're finishing up our artist unit next week, but after that I'm home free. In Physics, there's an eggdrop project due on the 23rd made only of drinking straws and yarn. In math, we've just to take the last part of our exam, I think. (She's been known to randomly come up with stuff for us to do).

Next week is the last full week of high school. The week after that closes with some partial days, and May 27th is the final day of my senior year. It came up really fast. I'm excited about it, but at the same time I know that high school's familiar, easy, really easy. This fall is a brand new experience at GVSU. I'm looking forward to it, but I know it's going to be a lot more work. I fear what my Biology teacher says about her first semester of college. She got straight A's in high school, played the game of how to get good grades without studying, got to GVSU and got a 2.4 her first semester because she didn't really have good study habits. That sounds an awful lot like me, so I hope I can learn from her mistakes.

Tonight I'm going to be volunteering at Ross Park's school carnival. After that, I'm going to a comedy show at our church that benefits the Muskegon Rescue Mission. It's free to get in, but they will have a free will offering that goes to the Rescue Mission. It's featuring Brad Stine. I've heard him before on a DVD, and he's really funny. You all should come.

Well, I'm off to Spanish class for a stimulating game of Jeopardia.

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello. i've been reading everybody's blogs. i didn't know someone with xanga could comment. cool. you seniors are so lucky! i still have three more years.

Ang said...

Andrew,
nice blog,...i found it through my brother, Dave's. Anyways, thanks so much for helping at the concert on Thursday. It was nice to meet you, and you helped enormously!
Thank you.
-angela

Andrew said...

Thanks, Angela. You're welcome.