Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Show-Me-State

This evening I returned from visiting my relatives in the good ol' state of Missouri.

We got in late Friday night and worked on getting some sleep. The next morning, my brother, uncle, grandpa, and I went to the Cardinals game at Busch Stadium. It was a good time to enjoy each other's company and catch up with each other.

We spent Saturday night at my aunt's house where we had hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. The karaoke machine came out, and what followed was too embarassing for this public forum....

On Sunday, my brother and I went to Six Flags for half of the day. They have some pretty cool coasters there, but Patrick got a little sick, so we couldnt' stay and do any re-rides.

We hung out around the house yesterday, and went to my aunt's again in the evening.

After the fourth straight night of little sleep, we awoke this morning and began the trek home.

It finally hit me today that I'm starting college in less than a week. I'm in no way prepared, so this should be fun. Definitely going to be a time where I have to trust God. I can't stress out about it. It will only make me crazy.

Please be praying for me this coming week. On top of college, I'm still talking with Hage's about getting a much-needed job to pay for the gas to transport me to Grand Valley. If you'd prefer to just pray that my car get 1,000 mpg, that'd be fine too.

As my eyes keep closing involuntarily, I believe it's time to sign off.

I leave you with these links:
Turkmen President Bans Lip Synching (Bad news for those of us who can't sing...)

Stray Llama Hanging Out at Wyoming Center

Tina, eat your food, you fat lard!

No comments: