Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Mid-2nd Semester Crisis

All of a sudden, I'm seriously doubting that I should study Biology at college for the purposes of working in Genetics. I may be able to help find causes and consequently cures to diseases, but I feel like it's not really my passion. A few days ago, my plans were all set for a few years at GVSU and coming out with a career somehow involving Biology, but I realized that while I'm good at science and math, I don't think I like them enough to work with them full time.

What do I like? What is my passion?

I like discussing God. I like learning about God. I like studying God's Word alone and with others. I want to do something great for the Kingdom. But what?

I've no idea. I really need to just be still and know that He is God. When I first started thinking about all of this on Sunday night, that verse popped into my head immediately.

I was bought at a price. I am not my own. So, I guess I'm just going to sit back and let Him take control. I'll probably still end up going to GVSU next year because it's too late to go anywhere else, but I'm going to have to pray a lot before I make any final decisions.

4 comments:

The Man said...

To add a simple thought, I could see you becoming a pastor or youth pastor. You have a great sense of humor and an expansive knowledge of God.

Even if you decide on another subject, maybe you should take a couple religion classes, just for kicks. It would be fun to compare notes. :)

~Laura~ said...

God is AWESOME!!! I'll be praying for the upcoming decisions that you will be needing to make :)

><> Sarah <> said...

As tough as it is to be patient, I admire that you are open to different plans God has for you. I know from previous experiences that it's extremely difficult to just wait for God to reveal his plans, but it is so worth the wait! He has shown me so many different things about my life and has taught me the true meaning of surrender. It's an awesome feeling when you discover that God is slowly working in your life.

While your waiting for God, think about this: if God puts an idea in your head and that idea continues to stick in your mind, He's showing you something. PURSUE WHAT GOD IS TELLING YOU! This changed my life. This is when I knew God wanted me to be a missionary. So, if He has something planned for you, He's going to tell you. He's going to do awesome things in your life!! I'll be praying for you! (sorry about this being so long. I love talking about this, though because that's exactly where I am right now. Hope it brought some encouragement)

Andrew said...

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the encouragement. I'm still praying about it, and I'll try to be patient.

You guys are awesome.