Sunday, March 20, 2005

Cheese is the Answer for Everything...

The title of this post is just an example of what happens when you don't hear right.

Today, some friends from youth group and I volunteered at Skyline Chili to help raise funds for our upcoming missions trip. It was a pretty fun time, and we raised a fair amount.

Anyway, back to the cheese. I was walking back from refilling a drink or something when I heard Sarah say "What color are your socks? Cheese." "What's your favorite color? Cheese" etc. David Mann and I heard wrong, because she wasn't saying that cheese is the answer for every question; she was really saying that Jesus is the answer for every question they ask in church.

There's a lesson in this somewhere. I'll let you know when I find it.

By The Tree is a great band that I would recommend. I borrowed their CD, Hold You High, and it's pretty awesome.

I went to Shiloh on Saturday at Spring Lake CRC. It's an alternate worship service aimed at younger people on Saturday nights. It was cool worshipping in a different setting than I'm used to at my church. People can worship in so many different ways, and God hears it all. God's cool!

Happy Palm Sunday!

In church, we talked about Holy week, and it's just so overwhelming to really think about what Jesus did. He totally and completely humbled Himself just to walk this earth, but He went further. He died a horrible, painful death that He didn't deserve so I could receive the most amazing gift of all time that I don't deserve. If Jesus can wash Judas' feet, forgive those who flogged Him, and forgive me for being unfaithful to Him, why do I have such a hard time loving those around me?


So, do I have anything else to post about? Cheese.

If you didn't get that above line, it's OK, I forgive you.

2 comments:

bartholdy's slave said...

why aren't you talking about cheese?? i was all excited..

><> Sarah <> said...

Maybe you didn't hear me right, but it sure made a funny story. Just think: if you heard what I really said, you wouldn't be able to write numerous paragraphs about it or have a title for you post. You probably would have titled your blog "My Weekend" or "Shiloh, By The Tree, Palm Sunday, etc", although I know you would have come up with something more creative than the above mentioned. So, perhaps I should commend you on your bad hearing. :)

I'm glad you like By The Tree. It really is an AWESOME CD! I love how they mix old worship songs with new ones and twist some to give it that powerful effect. Todd Agnew is really good, too. I really like that "Grace Like Rain" remix he did.

Have a great day!