Tuesday, March 08, 2005

London Bridge is falling down...

I turned in my bridge the other day, only to see it snapped into pieces minutes later when a a few pounds were added. It was really light compared to some other ones in my class. It held a little over 16 times its weight, which so far has me in the middle of my class, which is fine. I'll probably end up with a B.

There's a half day tomorrow, so maybe I'll try to break into Grand Haven High School again. I think I can be smarter than the Rent-a-Cop that kicked me out last time.

Sarah, tell your mom that I might try to use her as an excuse to get a Visitor's pass.

I downloaded a program from the Internet last night called e-Sword. Jeremy recommended it to me, and it's pretty sweet. You download the program and then you can download different versions of the Bible. The program lets you take notes and save them by certain verses and compare different versions of the Bible. There are also Greek and Hebrew Bibles that let you look at the original meaning for better understanding. It's completely free, so check it out!
e-Sword

I also recommend the book Return to Reason by Kelly James Clark. I've got it on loan from Dave right now, and it's a really good book that talks about the debate over whether or not hard evidence is needed to prove or disprove the existence of God. It is rather balanced as it gives plenty of space to the viewpoint that the author is opposed to, that nothing can be believed without solid evidence. I'm almost done with it, and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the theism v. atheism debate.

I just realized that I'm very ADD on my blog posts, I can't seem to stick with a single topic.
Oh well.

1 comment:

><> Sarah <> said...

You should definately try to break into G.H.H.S.!! Just go to the main office and and tell them about seeing my mom(make sure you spell the last name right-KEUR-or they'll get suspicious). I told my mom about when you tried to come last time and she couldn't figure out why they didn't let you. We have a half day next Tuesday. That book by Clark seems really interesting. I would really like to read it because a lot of my discussions with unbelievers(and believers) focus on that subject. Would it be at Family Christian Bookstores? No worries about your ADD blog posts; I do that all the time! See ya!