Friday, January 28, 2005

GVSU Scholarship Competition and Other Miscellaneous Thoughts

Tomorrow, I'll be rising a little earlier than normal to take a trip to Grand Valley. I am being forced to pull an essay out of thin air and interview with some "high up" person in order to receive some monies. I've never had an important interview like this before, so I hope I don't screw up or anything. The essay I'm not too worried about because I can pull stuff out of nowhere and write it in a way to make it sound like I know what I'm talking about.

If I do well, I'll have a virtual free ride to GVSU, but if not, I at least have a very substantial amount guaranteed based on merit requirements.

So, this competition is important in a sense, but not to the point where if I totally screw up I'll have enormous college bills.

Afterwards, if I feel like hanging out, one of my ex-compatriots from youth group is bringing a youth group she helps lead to our church to hang out. That should be fun, plus free pizza.

Also, I have 2 free tickets to the GR Auto Show this weekend. I don't know if or when I'll go, but that's a possibility too.

Calc I/II Enrichment, as my independent study class has been renamed, is a joke. The teacher didn't want to try to help us with Calc III, so she decided to give us projects and writing assignments to "better our understanding of Calculus I and II. We've pretty much slacked off every day we've worked on this first project.

I'll update after the scholarship competition tomorrow.

Hasta la vista.

No comments: