Monday, February 14, 2005

I can see the end....

School is moving quickly these days, and the light at the end of the tunnel is visible. I'm a little nervous because so much is going on right now, and everything costs $$$.

I need to raise a lot of money for a "Missions Experience" to Chicago this summer. We'll be working with the homeless and other oppressed people to show them God's love. I really want to go, and not because it's Chicago. I want to push myself outside of my comfort zone and learn what other gifts God has given me to serve others. I think this trip with my youth group will be the pinnacle of my high school growth. Everything, the good and the bad, has been preparing me to practically be used by God in any situation. It's going to be tough getting there, but I'm determined. I'll have to get a job and basically beg relatives that most likely won't be willing to "fork over cash" for something that they don't view as a "real" Missions Trip.

But before any of that, I've got Senior Sneak! My prize for putting up with Dave for 4 years is a trip where I get to spend a non-stop week with him. Just Kidding. We'll have a great time going to who knows where and getting our final nuggets of knowledge from Dave. It's hard to believe how much I've learned in these past 4 years. It's been fun, and I don't want it to end. (Youth group, that is, I'm fine with graduating from High School)

I've also got all of the graduation "stuff" to deal with: Open houses, ceremony, baccalaureate (sp?), visiting relatives from EVERYWHERE, etc. I want to be injected with some sort of drug so that I'll wake up tomorrow with all of this behind me and no memory of it whatsoever. Kinda like anesthesia where you wake up what feels like an instant later, but it's really been two hours and while you were sleeping they cut you open and did all of the not fun stuff.

Well, I gotta go.

Adios.

2 comments:

~Laura~ said...

Hey Andrew! Thanks for commenting on my blog :) ... I'm really excited about the missions opportunity to Chicago as well! It seems like it will be challenging as far as encouraging us to take what we have learned on the trip into our daily lives at home.
see ya'

~Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew,
Dude, I have such a hard time finding your blog. I though it was andrewa5. It's 0-5. Ugh. Anyways, I found it. i commented. there you go.

I hope you have a wonderful experience on your mission trip. I always did. I'm sad to be leaving my youth group too. *sigh*
~Chelle