Thursday, April 13, 2006

So easy to say, so tough to live out...

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (NIV)

The truth of this passage has been shown to me over and over again, but it's not easy to live out. I need to make this real for myself. So often I go through life and lose focus when it comes to what matters most. If you're reading this, and you see me not following the message of this passage, kindly (or maybe not so kindly) call me out on it.

1 comment:

><> Sarah <> said...

Awesome passage!! It is so easy to just sit back and continue to take in the trials and never turn to God for guidance and support. You either attempt to fight it yourself or turn to others for comfort. I am often too stubborn and try to deal with it on my own. ARG!! Instead of trying to overcome it with the help of God, I try to fight my own battle. Like you said, easy to say, tough to do...Thanks for the reality check! Happy Easter!!