Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ouch, Sunburn!

This is the most awesome weather! I'm blogging this from my backyard with the sun beating down on me (Typed at 2pm, posted later). The trees are just starting to bud, and everything just smells like spring. I don't know any other way to describe it. Chip is laying in the grass rolling back and forth getting all the scents of nature embedded into his "indoor-dog" coat. That actually sounds like fun... haha. Soon enough, I'll be done with school and I'll be able to sit out here without the weight of papers and exams on my shoulders. I only have to go to GVSU 4 more times this semester!!! I'll be done next Wednesday by 4pm!

I'e been listening to Sanctus Real's new CD a lot lately. It's called The Face of Love and it is amazing. "I'm Not Alright," "The Face of Love," "Fly," and "Benjamin" are becoming my favorite songs. Here are the lyrics to "Benjamin":

Rain falls outside.
I think the sky must know
What's happening tonight.
Children born while fathers die
It's that circle of life
That we all live inside

And we’ve been friends for a long, long time,
So if you can’t talk, just cry.
And know that we will talk
On the other side.

It’s bitter cold outside
But the sun still shines
‘Cause we can feel it.
Benjamin,
You mark the life.
That’s been left behind.
We see him in your eyes.

And we will be friends for a long, long time,
So until you can talk, just cry.
And know that we will talk for the rest of our lives.

And He gives and He takes, and He makes us strong
When He gives, He takes, and He makes us strong
When He gives, and He takes, and He makes us strong
When He gives, He takes, and He makes us stronger

We will be friends for a long, long time,
So until you can talk, just cry.
And know that we will talk for the rest of our lives.

‘Cause we will be friends for a long, long time,
So until you can talk, just cry
And know that we will talk for the rest of our lives.
Just know that we’ll be friends for the rest of our lives.

The band wrote this song when they were going through some difficult times. The lead singer’s son, Benjamin, was born the same night that his father found out he was dying very soon. I love the bridge where it says “When He gives, He takes, and He makes us stronger.”

How true.

10pm Update: I now have sunburn on my arms and face. Oh well, it was worth it.

No comments: