Friday, April 22, 2005

In His Sight

While doing my GEW assignment on Tuesday night, I noticed something that I'd seen before, but seemed to have a little more meaning on that occasion.

21Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation– 23if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. (Biblegateway)

When I let God down, I think I spend too much time wallowing in guilt and shame. I need to start recognizing that I was an enemy of God, but now that I've been reconciled to Him, He views me as holy. God's forgiven my sins and He's left them in the past, so I need to as well.

This is not to say that we should have a blase attitude towards sin. I shouldn't just allow sin in my life to prevail with the excuse that God views me as holy. I should pray and allow God to take care of my sins, but after that, I shouldn't dwell on my mistakes.

Bad things happen; I make mistakes, a lot, but I need to be able to move on and cling to the promise of Colossians. All of us, once God has saved us, are viewed as holy in His sight, so we should live with that in mind. Sin's a bad thing, and we should seek God's strength to put off our sin natures, but don't let it bring you down. God forgave us!

That's all I have, but I felt I should share.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

><> Sarah <> said...

This is a really cool passage. When I sin, I will sometimes hold on to it and forget to ask God for forgiveness. I have that guilt that builds up inside, but never surrender it to Him. There are too many times I forget that God WANTS to and WILL forgive me because I am holy to Him, I just need to ask. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! See you later.