Saturday, February 18, 2006

Just "Being" with a Cup of Cocoa and the "COOLEST girl ever"

Today was a really relaxing day.
I stayed home from school since Keith decided the roads probably weren't the greatest this morning.
I slept until 10, lounged around, looked through my new Archaeological Bible, and did just about nothing of significance until I went to work at 4.
Work was uneventful, and in the middle of the freezing cold evening, Sarah and I ventured out to Starbucks to share some hot cocoas and fun conversation.
We just sat and "chilled" in the refuge tucked away in the middle of all busyness. It was nice. For the first time in a while, I got to just "be." And just "being" with someone I really enjoy spending time with is a lot of fun.
Too often, I end up "doing" too much, and that's when life gets stressful.
I needed a day like today. I think despite the little things I "did," I had a lot of great time to "be."
Staying at Starbucks until I get kicked out is definitely one of my new favorite things.

2 comments:

><> Sarah <> said...

Twas a fun night. I was cold the rest of the night, though. : ) Nice cheering tonight! I'm surprised Grand Valley hasn't recruited you for the team yet. ;)
~The "COOLEST girl ever"

(hmmm...I wonder who gave you that idea)

keith sandison said...

Ummm, not going to Grand Valley was not solely my decision...you could have braved the ice by yourself if you'd really wanted to:)

And I prefer B&N as opposed to Starbucks...