Saturday, October 15, 2005

If I had one wish....

.... well I don't know what I'd wish for. But if I had a million zillion wishes I'd use one to let... me have more time to post here.

Sorry I've neglected to keep this page updated.

Life's been pretty busy lately. It seems like this is the new trend for starting my blog posts.

The TFK concert was great two weeks ago. We had an awesome time, and it was cool to meet Ben there. He fit in so well with our group.

Work has become just a natural part of my routine now. I enjoy being there because the people are so much fun to hang around and we can joke a lot.

Last weekend, I saw "Flight Plan" at the Cinema with Sarah. Great movie, not entirely predictable, but with a minor plot hole or two.

Last night after work, Sarah, David, Ryan, and Dallas came over to watch "Robots." It was very funny, but that's to be expected with Robin Williams.

Today was the Outrageous Saturday sale at work. It got really busy at some points, and it stayed steady all day.

After work, I went to Dallas' house to hang out at a bonfire he was having. I didn't know that he was inviting his new friends from GH. Once Jennie, David, Cade, Melissa, Kim, Jason, and Jordan got back from getting pizza, the tension was so heavy between all of us and Dallas' friends. I wish that I could go back to the time when our group of friends didn't boil down to a bunch of childish drama. It's almost as if our relationships have gotten less mature lately. I'm sick of "he likes her, but she likes him, who likes a different her, but she doesn't like him like that, like, totally." I wish friends wouldn't change. Don't get me wrong; so much change that I've noticed in my friends is for the better. It just saddens me when I think of how some of my friends have changed in other ways. I really don't know what to do sometimes. I think Pastor Bill hit it right on the head when he talked about how much better off we'd be if we didn't have secrets. It seems like everyone does, though. I wonder how practical it could actually be for us not to have secrets. Could it ever even be done? Or would we still all be holding back a little something? Who knows? I sure don't.

The above paragraph sure does sound depressing.

Maybe there's something to be learned by all that. Relationships don't work when we're not open with each other. Openness is what builds trust. Trust is the key to being able to truly love another and be there for each other. I definitely need to work on that one.

I should be getting to bed now, sorry to be such a downer, but it's really been on my mind lately.

Hasta la vista.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still mad that i couldn't go to TFK... oh well I'm glad that you all had a great time!!!!

great thoughts about openness and trust and love.. definately something i need to work on too...

talk to you later!

><> Sarah <> said...

Change is hard. Eventually, we all get used to different schedules, classes, environments in general, but I think it's the hardest to adjust to the change we notice in people. A lot of my friends have changed over the years and it's hard to see them living a different lifestyle now. It would be neat if there were no secrets among people, but then how much would the world change? Obviously, the practical answer would be that there will always be secrets no matter how open a person is. If we revealed our secrets, we would be exposing our weaknesses. I do agree with your thoughts on building trust from openness with one another. Relationships would be so much more pure if people were more open.

Sorry for the long comment. Hope your week goes well and you get everything done you need to. Talk to you later! ;)

keith sandison said...

Dallas has friends from GH!!?? When can I meet them!!??

keith sandison said...

No really, the same night, I skipped your party because I was in the same situation with Val and some of her friends from Moody.

Long story short, we knew each other's names, places of origin, and majors by the end of the time. And that's about it. I'm pretty sure that I was almost exactly like these guys. If I had any shared experiences with them, I would have had a great time with them. Instead, I had an uncomfortable time with them.

So...who's up for another bonfire with the same two crowds? 'Cept this time, I'm bringing a footbal...and cards for Mafia.

And Sarah don't be ashamed of long comments. Yours is good. And I'm sure Andy (Why don't we ever call him that?) enjoyed it.