Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Watch out for Nunzilla!


Thumbing through some books last night at work, I found this mentioned in Praise Habit by David Crowder. Marc and I had a good laugh at this little wind-up toy that carries a Bible in one hand, a ruler in the other, and shoots sparks.

According to David Crowder, it is best to not look directly at Nunzilla. Wearing the color orange is also advised against.

Apparently, you can buy Nunzilla online from a lot of different places. At first, I thought it was something that David Crowder was making up. I guess not.

This is shaping up to be a busy week. I finally got my history paper back, and it was not a very pretty sight. It was enough to make me seriously worry about the chance that I'll lose my scholarship because my GPA could end up below a 3.5. If you think about it, could you please pray? I've never asked for a prayer request about my GPA, but if I don't get my history grade up, it could cost my thousands of dollars. I set up an appt with my advisor to talk about what my options are for this class, so hopefully tomorrow he'll be able to help me out and put my mind at ease. It may come down to working really hard the last half of this semester to try and pull my history grade up, and then dropping out of the Honors College and fulfilling my gen. ed. requirements the normal way.

My other two classes are going fine. Econ is a piece of cake, but Chem requires some work to keep it up.

I should get back to my homework now, it is my day off you know.

3 comments:

><> Sarah <> said...

Nunzilla! Yeah! Praise Habit is an awesome book but some of the things he writes about make you think, "Where is this coming from?" I like his map of Nunzilla's route at the end of the book. Awesome book, though!

I'll definitely be praying for you! It's upsetting to get a bad grade once in a while, but there's so much more at stake for you. All you can really do now is work as hard as you can and see where things go from there. No matter what happens, it's all for the best(as hard as it may be). I hope that everything works out.

I'll be praying for you! Hope the rest of the week goes well. Talk to you later. Oh, it was nice seeing you this afternoon ;)

keith sandison said...

Just to let you know...

I never got higher than a B+ on any Honors Civ paper. Don't worry to much. That class is supposed to be ridiculous. Of course, try harder now that you know, but don't fret, you'll probably be able to pull up your GPA with your non-Honors classes.

(Remember...I had Webster too.)

Praying for ya, and if you ever need to take time off from Life Groups, let me know, and I'll handle them. The Brotherhood and the Fellowship...of one mind and purpose...sounds good to me.

David Rudd said...

i'm surprised they don't sell nunzilla at the devil's marketplace...