Sunday, December 05, 2004

It's That Time of Year...

It's Chrismastime! I really do enjoy Christmas, and I've always had an understanding of the true meaning, but somewhere between the day after Thanksgiving and December 24th, that understanding was pretty much put on the backburner while I basked in the glow of materialism. I realize that it is impossible to escape the American Christmas, but this year I'm working really hard on keeping God the center of it all.

One of the ways that I'm trying to focus on God is by praying whenever I'm aware of Christmas music on the radio. I normally pray a fairly short prayer of thanks for what He did at Christmas and what He will do when Christ comes again. I am really enjoying this and it makes me realize how often I hear Christmas music in one day. I don't do it every time that Christmas music is playing since I don't always realize it because of my wandering mind, but I would say that it is a great reminder of what God did, is doing, and will do in the future. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to strengthen their relationship with God this season. Try it!

No comments: