Friday, July 08, 2005

The Seemingly Impossible

This morning, after much coaxing from our mother, my little brother and I cleaned the basement. Since we don't have a garage or an attic, the basement in our house is the main storage facility for all of our junk. It had gotten pretty bad down there.

Very few people know that the other half of our basement has a TV, sectional, foosball table, and a boccerball table. It would actually be an alright place to hang out if it didn't have such a tendency to get all full of junk.

With a few hours of work, the basement is now presentable. It felt good to finish it, and with a new lightbulb or two, it will be pretty enjoyable.

Saw War of the Worlds on Tuesday night with Dallas and Sarah. It fell short of my expectations, but it wasn't a bad movie. The next movie that I've set my sights on is Fantastic Four. If anyone reading wants to go see it, give me a call. (By the way, I think I'm currently funding a new wing of the Cinema Carousel)

A handful of our youth group helped out at the Senior Luncheon yesterday for the Keenagers. It went well. Even though some of the clean up work wasn't fun to do, when you're with friends there is always a way to make it fun.

To finish off the randomness that is this post, here is a memorable quote from the week in Chicago:

"How old you is?"
"I didn't do nothing!"
"I said 'How old you is?'"
"Oh, six."

No comments: