Monday, July 25, 2005

Ladder 41 and Other Randomness

Jambo.

It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooong weekend.

Earlier in the week we watched Ladder 41(+8) at my house. It was a pretty good movie, but a little sad. Joaquin (pronounced Wha(hacking furball)ckeen) Phoenix is a good actor.

Friday night Jeremy and Keith's Jr. High small groups had an all night war game at the church. It was a ton of fun, and it was a great chance to get to know the students because Keith has asked me to lead a Sunday School class during the first service.

*Disclaimer the following events of Saturday happened while I was very low on sleep and very high on Vault*

*P.S. Some very shameless radio station promotion may occur*

After my two hours of sleep following the war game, I got up, showered, and headed off to the Air Fair. I had won four free tickets from the greatest station in the world, JQ99.

(Speaking of JQ, Brian Nelson is the coolest DJ!)

So, I went with Sarah, David, and my brother that morning to see the festivities. We met up with the Encks and had a good time hanging out and watching the planes.

After the show, we spent two hours commuting to the Encks house for dinner (most of that time was spent in the parking lot). The Encks made us chicken and bratwursts, and we couldn't turn down a free meal. After dinner, Jennie and Dallas came over to play a very violent game of Lemonade Straws (aka Water Spoons).

That night I ended my 38 hour streak with only two hours of sleep.

Sunday, we had a mega-service chock full of African words that we don't know the meaning of. (I just ended my sentence with a preposition, and I don't care). Afterwards, we had a baptism at Lake Calvary (see: Gross looking pond outside of church) and KFC for the church picnic. Ryan and I competed in the egg toss, and I succeeded in getting egg in his hair and hands. Yessssssssssssssss.

Sunday night we went to Hoffmaster to play Ultimate Frisbee. The Kramers invited us over for pizza after the park closed, so we all changed at our respective homes and made the confusing trek to their house. There we played mafia and enjoyed our pizza and each other's company. I got home pretty late, still not fully recovered from the virtually non-existant sleep I got on Friday.

So, what did I learn from all of this?

I learned that Cade likes his bacon cooked, just like Devin.

1 comment:

keith sandison said...

41(+8)=328...hmmm...Ladder 328. What strange devilry is this?