Monday, January 09, 2006

Lumbers

I've just completed all of my first day of school rituals:

I attended classes, waited an insane amount of time in the line to pick up my financial aid check, sifted through a crowd of people in the food court, attended more classes, and nearly suffocated trying to wade through the sea of books, shelves, and people in the bookstore.

I think I'm going to enjoy most of my classes this semester. They're all pretty different from the classes I had in the fall.

My Anatomy class today exposed me to my first irrationally large and impersonal class. The prof. in there is kind of quirky and more than kind of "farm-boy"-ish. It shouldn't be too hard of a class since there's no lab and it's mostly memorization. My philosophy class is a good distance away, and in the world's tiniest classroom. The prof in there should be interesting, but from what I hear most philosophy profs are. My writing class is going to be a lot different from any other I've ever had. She told us today that we won't be using a thesis statement in our papers. (Which happens to fly directly in the face of my philosophy prof.) The best of them all is my Statistics prof: Dr. Jann-Huei Jinn. He's the first of the infamous "impossible-to-understand" professors. The guy's hilarious, and he likes to joke around, but I find it very ironic that the word that he says most funny is "numbers." (Hence the title of my post).

Lumbers.

I've got to go now and get some other work done.

Later.

2 comments:

bartholdy's slave said...

my philosophy prof was really interesting. he was like 5'1, with this huge grizzled walt whitman beard. he was a little annoying though, because he was a little biased...i think.

The Man said...

Yes, I've grown to believe that philosophy changed the philosopher. Most often into quirky small men with a strange sense of humor and, quite often, long beards. That's just my hypothesis though.