Friday, May 25, 2007

2006-2007 in Photos

Decapitated SchruteTo sum up my life from last summer until now, I'll post some pics.

I got a Dwight Bobblehead for Christmas. It came decapitated. I now have an intact one.

The "hurricane" that swept through camp Close Calllast July placed a large tree within feet of my cabin.

I went to 3 TigersDavid Games last season and this season. The first time was with the Manns, the second time with Harriman, and the third time with some friends from work.
We lost the first game, but won the next two, meaning that I am no longer a jinx.
At the game I went to this April, Inge hit a walk-off home run Harrimanright in front of us, and it landed us on TV. That game marked the first time in at least 12 years that the Tigers have beat the Twins with me in the stands. I guess that's a good sign.

My first ever Wings game this January also ended well. Besides the Wings defeating the Predators, our seats were located just a few rows in front of Steve Yzerman's box.

I'm still disappointed in the Wings ending the season at the hand of the Ducks, but there's always next year.

As I'm writing this, I realize I have too little text to keep up with the pictures, I'm posting, so consider this paragraph a filler.

The picture of Stevie Y. is a little blurry, but trust me, it's him. The girl in front of me was freaking out the whole game and would frequently stand up and turn around to try and get a better picture. A little bit of construction and the auto show in Detroit got me a little lost, but we still made it to our seats with plenty of time before the opening face-off.

This year has also been a really good one for concerts. Unity was in August and was kinda dull, but in September I saMuteMathw a free Sanctus Real concert at Spring Arbor. It was an awesome show with great music. If you're not familiar with Sanctus Real, they're definitely worth your time. In November, I saw Switchfoot at Hope and they were also amazing, but I forgot my camera that night. In March, I went sans camera to the Skillet concert in GR and a Mute Math concert at the end of the month. Both shows were awesome, and I'll post a Mute Math video soon. Last weekend was Rock the Coast. Family Force 5 was crazy, and BarlowGirl was good, but it was pretty forgettable.

CrowderBut the concert that tops them all was David Crowder* Band last Friday night in Kalamazoo. The environment was incredible, and worshipping with Crowder was phenomenal. I wish that kind of emotion and heart was present every time that we worshipped. Too often, I go into it with the wrong attitude, but I wonder how much of that attitude is instilled from the musicians...

These are just the high points of the year as far as I have pictures for. I've continued working with the middle schoolers at church, and I still love hanging out with them and investing in their lives. I made it a priority to keep reading for fun and growth since Christmas break, so I've filled a lot of time that way, too. I hope to get around to posting some good (but brief) reviews one of these days. I'll be dedicating my reading time at camp this summer to a new book called "No Perfect People Allowed." It has me intrigued so far by the little bit that I read at work (read: Hage's downtime).

No comments: