Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Faces of Love

This past week at camp, I had Discovery campers again, they were mostly 10 year olds with a few 9 year olds mixed in. I was very blessed in the fact that they were very cooperative in the Bible studies and personal devotions times.

Here's my guys from the past week:

Bastian, Drew, Jake, Nicholas, Luke, Graham, DJ, Stevie, and Jacob brought a great deal of fun with them to camp.

Sadly, though, my week was filled with reminders (especially towards the end) that these kids live in a broken world. So many of them were hurting. My heart broke quite a few times during the last night and morning. Please pray for one of my guys who was in the hospital the last I knew. The details aren't important. The fact that he's hurting and needs God's love is.

During the week, I was also inspired to remember that each and every one of these kids, despite their background, bears the image of God. I never want to forget that.

A year ago this past week, I was in Chicago, experiencing the greatest sense of love and compassion I've ever felt. I want to try my best to love these kids as recklessly as that. If you want to know how to pray for me during the rest of the summer, that's it.

I go back up tomorrow (or today, actually) to serve while we minister to families for this 4th of July week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
It was great to hear the good that happened as you worked with the young boys that God has brought into your life, always allow God to use you, you can have a mighty impact on the life of these little ones (who are made in the image of God).
with you my heart hurts for the one little guy that has been through so much, hopefully you had a great impact on him and will have the opportunity to see how God heals his many wounds
Love you son
Dad

Anonymous said...

andrew
call home or mom / dad's cell #
need to talk to u b4 sat 7/8/06
urgent - but not an emergency
u r hard to reach!!!!